Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Loss.

I am heartbroken. Heartbroken. Mr. Ralph died today. It is overwhelming for me, as he has been a long time family friend.. but mostly because I just keep thinking about his wife and daughter.

My daddy is my hero. He is the most selfless, kind, funny man that I have ever known. I am better because I am part of him, and because he is a part of my daily life. To think about people who don't have that.. who lose that.. it hurts me so much.

When we lose people, we often cling. We cling to the last time we saw them, we cling to what we last said, we cling to our fondest memory. Bottomline is.. we cling. We don't want them to be gone, we want to remember. I will remember Mr. Ralph as a jolly, giving man with a heart like no other. I will remember him as blessed with a wife and daughter who admired him, and thousands of people whose life he touched. I will cling to his friendship with my daddy, his Relay for Life "MCing", for his kind words about our foster parenting, and for his love for God.

Pray for his sweet family and friends, that they will be blessed with healing.

0 little notes:

Post a Comment