Sunday, January 8, 2012

beautiful tiffany.

This was written by our sweet almost 18 year old foster child. Her words are beautiful and so telling of the heart of a teenager in foster care. This is an essay she wrote for a scholarship.

The first day I heard the word hope was my dad using it saying "I hope y'all don't get taken away". As a little girl I struggled to understand why there are things like abuse, hunger, lack of love, and lack of supervision.
I have faced many obstacles which have given me the dream of becoming a social worker for DHR. I understand what it feels like to come from nothing and be thought of as a nothing.
No one in my family has finished college. I want to break the chains of my family. I want them to see me as someone who didn't let their life story end. I want to motivate them, and others in the world.
There are so many children in foster care. Many of them need someone to say "hey, I have been there". I want to be that someone. The someone who does everything in their power to provide needs, happiness, comfort, accomplishment of goals, and safety in their lives.
The reason I am an applicant for this scholarship is because I can't do it alone. I believe this scholarship will help me achieve my dream.
I hope, pray, and dream of being someone who helps others. I have realized being in the system has made an impact on my life and I believe there is a reason I became a foster child. It is my dream to work with children and parents for everyones best interest. Please help my dreams come true.

0 little notes:

Post a Comment