Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Citizen of the Year

Rarely in life are we recognized. We go to work, we are involved at school and church, we spend all day long doing our very best. And we don't do it because we want to be smothered with thank yous.. but when someone does stop to say.. good job.. that matters doesn't it? That makes it feel worthwhile.

I think it's safe to say that Tim gets very few pats on the back. Not because people don't know he is working hard, but because it is an expectation we all have for him. So even when he goes above and beyond.. its just normal tim. Recently though, he was really recognized. Greenville named him Citizen of the Year. What an honor. Never a day in my life have I been more proud. And it wasn't because he is my husband.. it was because he really deserved it. He really gets up everyday and makes peoples lives better, mine included. He is a quiet strength that I know many people respect, but I am thankful that he now has a plaque on his wall to remind him.. that even if it is not said everyday.. he is valued and appreciated.

He is my Citizen of the Year every year! But I am glad he is Greenville's this year as well :)

0 little notes:

Post a Comment