Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Resilience.

Resilience.


We have two new sweet foster children. They are precious girls. Truly probably two of the easiest human beings I have ever encountered. They are just well adjusted, resilient people.

Yesterday as we left a visit with their parents the smallest girl cried. As soon as we were out of the parking lot her tears stopped and she said, “Well, only seven more days til we see mommy and daddy”. Resilience. The ability to spring back. As an adult a lot of the things I see in the lives of sweet foster children would cripple me. Literally. I would think the world had ended. But children have a beautiful way of bouncing back. Finding the bright spots. And moving forward.

Our lives are changing a lot in the next few weeks. Tim is taking a new job. A job he described to me as his dream job. Change scares me. Everyone knows that. I walk through life pretty much scared of everything. But I know God’s plan out weigh ours and I know that HE will see Tim through. Pray for us in this transition. The job description is totally different than we are accustomed to and we will all need to adjust. And as wonderful as the people he has been working with are and have been to him, I have a really good feeling about his new boss and coworkers. Just please, please pray.

Andrew and Cates continue to keep us running! If you have never had two children that close in age.. wow! Some days I sit down for the first time at 8:00 p.m. and just have to laugh. Our days are full. And I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I just try to remember that time will fly by and soon I will be dealing with smartmouth teenagers 

1 little notes:

Brittany said...

Great post! It's amazing what the littlest humans teach us.

Post a Comment