Tuesday, April 2, 2013

30 years.

Tim turned thirty. And we celebrated! I earned a bonus at the beginning of the school year, for work I had done the previous year. It wasn't a huge bonus, but it was enough to help me take Tim to New York City for his birthday! He had never flown commercial.. and so the airport was an experience in itself! We stayed three nights (as long as I thought I could leave the babies!) and they were jammed packed.

The first night we visit Times Square, and the Empire State Building at night. The next day we went on a boat ride around the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and Brooklyn Bridge. After that we went to Chinatown and Little Italy. We had a wonderful italian lunch and then we went to the hotel to rest for a little while.

The hotel was beautiful. We actually got a complimentary upgrade when we got there.. and for NYC we had a nice size room, with a small sitting area.. and a fridge full of drinks.. that they restocked daily (FOR FREE!!).

Anyway, Thursday night we went to Spiderman on Broadway. It was so much fun! It was actually my first Broadway show. We had dinner at Guy's, the host of Diners, Driveins, and Dives.

Friday, we rode the subway to Yankee Stadium. It was something that Tim has always really wanted to do, so I enjoyed it! After that we went to Centray Park. We bargained with a man who gives tours pulling a carriage to get him to a rate we could afford. It was an hour tour of the park, and my favorite thing we did the whole time. We stood on the center of Manhattan and saw the John Lennon Memorial.. not to mention the You've Got Mail bridge!! It was so special to me. We also visited Wall Street, Fifth Avenue, and Saint Patricks Cathedral. We got there at Black Friday Mass, so we stayed awhile to see what that was all about. We had dinner at this great place, Niles. We ended the night at a local diner eating cheesecake and watching basketball.

On Saturday, we went to the 911 Memorial. I didnt spend alot of time thinking about things there. What happened in that spot was terrible, and it changed the world I lived in. I have to not dwell on sad things for my mental healths sake, and so Tim went and really looked and read everything. I found this little tree that had lived through those terrible events and spent my time there. We had our final lunch at Serendipity. They have a famous frozen hot chocolate that was amazing.

It was one of the best trips of my life. Little things that could have gone wrong.. like Tim leaving his cell phone in a cab..didn't. The cab drive came to the cathedral to find it and replace it. The flights were smooth. The weather was amazing.

It was just this wonderful reminder that Tim is more than just a husband and dad. He is my very best friend. I am thankful to God for making him mine!!

Happy 30th Tim! I love you!

0 little notes:

Post a Comment