Sunday, August 4, 2013

Road Trippin'

Cates and I went on a roadtrip! With Cates' great grandparents :)

We left on Tuesday afternoon and we went almost to Little Rock, Arkansas. It was a good eight our trip, and Cates was a dream! She only cried a couple of times. And she sang "Jesus Loves Me" with grandmamma about 1000 times. She kept on saying "Gandaddy!!!!" I love the time she shared with them, I thank God for the sweet memories that were made. Grandmama told me that she really felt like she got to know Cates on the trip. I loved hearing that. Anyway...

On our way there, we stopped after about four hours and had dinner at a truckstop.. is it really a roadtrip without a truckstop supper??

We rode on until we got to our destination about 10pm. We checked in our hotel, and we had a good nights sleep.

We spent the day with our new cousin, Ty.. and the rest of his family :) He is a precious baby. He didn't cry very much, and he slept very sweetly. He is such a handsome guy! Aunt Marinda cooked us a wonderful dinner, and I really enjoyed the time with our extended family. We even got a big blue bow to put on Ty's mailbox so the neighborhood would know of his arrival! :)

We got up early the next morning and headed home. Granddaddy told me stories about his growing up. His time spent in the army. He told me stories with his eyes full of tears. I have told myself those stories over several times to make sure I remember them. What a good man. How blessed our family is that he is ours.

I see so much of myself in grandmamma. It makes me smile :) She's truly my heart and I love her very much.

We had a great time #roadtrippinwithgreatgrandparents :)

0 little notes:

Post a Comment