Sunday, November 3, 2013

My truth.



I am adopted by God. He loved me, and He died for me, and He sought after me, and He saved me. And isn't that where the story stops a lot of the time? But that isn't where it stops. HE ADOPTED ME. He could have forgiven me, and pardoned me, and I would have been worthy of none of that. But HE saw fit to go even beyond that. He welcomed me into His family, He made me His child.

And while I have known that for a long time. I have really reflected on that recently. I am adopted. I was fatherless and without hope, and God took me into His family.

Galatians 4:5-7

To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

Isn't that beautiful? I am an heir. An heir to the Creator.

And while when I think about adoption, I will probably always first think of my son, that isn't at all where adoption started for me. And I am so thankful for that.





0 little notes:

Post a Comment