Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tim.

Have you ever just really thought about someone else.. just really let who they are sink in.. and been totally amazed. Alot of times in the day to day, I see Tim. I see him as who I need to take out the trash, I see him as who I need to coordinate schedules with, I see him as my partner in paying bills and getting by. But sometimes it just hits me who he really is..

He is a selfless, hard working, focused, honest, good man. He works hard every day for our family.

Yes, he goes to a 7-4 job that is often times 7-7 or called in the middle of the night.. but that isnt even where his work begins. He works with the youth at our church. He is honestly committed to the belief that they have the brightest futures if they invest totally in God. He spends much time preparing lessons and planning events. But I would say.. that is not even where his work begins. I see his hard work in helping two little girls get dressed every morning. I see his hard work in rocking a baby to sleep at night. I see his hard work in parenting a teenager to the best of his ability. I see his hard work in making time to make me regularly feel valued. He takes out trash, and washes clothes, and feeds dogs, and is often times everything to everyone. And very seldom do I see people really stop to see how they can lighten his load.. and I dont think he even notices.

He is selfless. Alot of people have told me they would be foster parents if their partners would agree. And I totally get that. Men think differently than we do. Men view things differently than we do. And alot of times their hestitation is needed. And if they have reservations about taking on the role, that should be taken seriously. It has to be something both people are totally sold out to. I totally believe that. With all that said, Tim didn't hesitate. He didn't look for ways out. He saw a need. He wanted to be a cure to the problem. Tim and I decided early on we didn't want to be people who dwelled on problems, we wanted to fix them. And I love that early in our marriage before we were set in our ways, we decided to make a difference. And sometimes lost under the stacks of clothes and piles of homework I wonder about what life with just us would be like. And selfishly I guess sometimes I dream of every night as a date night and every morning as one where we could sleep late.. but then it hits me.. I would not want to be doing anything other than what we are doing right now. And there is no one I could hope to be more of a partner than Tim.

He isn't perfect. Sometimes hes a bed hog. Sometimes I feel like the ballgame will never end! Sometimes I think he is being a little poutish. Sometimes I want him to freak out over something that he totally remains calm about. Sometimes we fuss. Sometimes we have different parenting styles. But he is honestly, the best person I know. He has the most sincere desire to do good, and to be good. And he inspires that in me.

So today on Tim's birthday.. I see him. I see him for the amazing man that he is. And I am thankful.

3 little notes:

Brittany said...

This is so sweet! Happy birthday Tim!

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Tim! Linds he is a lucky man!! :) You are a good woman!

Kimberly Washer said...

That is so sweet!! I hope he had a great birthday! Y'all are doing a great job and I'm praying for y'all!

Post a Comment