Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Do something.

I spent a long time not doing too much. Feeling super accomplished when I got everyone at my house bathed, fed, and clothed. Probably even patting myself on the back for doing the necessities. Sad huh?

Tim and I made an intentional move toward doing more for others this summer. I knew summer was my time to get this effort started, because I could always use work as my excuse during the school year. By doing more, we are still not doing much. But we aren’t just thinking only of ourselves as often anymore either.

I am not writing this to share with you our small acts, but rather our great blessings. Since we started to work more outwardly in our efforts to serve, we have seen such blessings. Last week was my first week of work, my parents cooked for us almost nightly. Sunday night Andrew was as sick as he has been in a year, and my sweet friend showed up with dinner for us. I have received incentives at work, and even started off my school year with “I love 1st grade” cookies made by a new friend that I greatly value. My classroom came together because my Aunt Tina and my grandmother sacrificed their time to contribute. And people I hugely admire I have told me lately they have been talking to God about me. Amazing to think that people that I love dearly can talk to my Creator about me?!

I encourage you to get out there and do more. Cook someone dinner or send a card. Invite someone to church or say a kind word to someone who you think is totally together and doesn’t even need to hear it (I have found it is those who usually really do!!).

Be blessed through your good works. I am truly watching it change my life.

1 little notes:

Tim Croley said...

You are a blessing to so many...especially our family. From Cates, Andrew, and myself, we love!

Post a Comment