Friday, May 17, 2013

Ten Years.

A facebook group was recently started to begin to organize my ten year high school reunion. And it’s a great thought, but it made me feel old. Old, and like where did ten years go?! I remember so clearly the night I graduated. I remember feeling kind of standoffish from the classmates that I knew and loved so dearly.. because I was scared and sad to be leaving them. I remember hugging Melissa while she cried so hard.. and promising that graduation did change anything.. we would be friends for our lifetime. A promise that I am so thankful we have kept. I remember my daddy crying. And my family going to my grandmoms after for cake and snacks. And I remember leaving the next morning for a summer job that would take me away, and not realizing that I would never again really “live” with mama and daddy outside of school breaks.

It is wild to think that I had no idea how wonderful my life would end up. I didn’t know that God had in store for me a Godly man who would provide for me and love me better than I could have ever imagined. I had no idea that God would see fit to make me sweet Andrew’s mother, or that He had planned for me a baby girl who looks just like her daddy. Ten years ago, I had no idea that I had not even touched the very best things that would ever happen to me. And that makes me really excited about the future. I don’t know now what God has in store for me in the next ten years. I pray that He will continue to bless my life as he has. It has certainly not been without rough spots, but it is a wonderful life.

I don't know if I will be able to attend the reunion, but I would love to see what really good things have happened to the people who were such a big part of my life for so long.

0 little notes:

Post a Comment