Friday, July 24, 2009

In the words of Miley.. "It's the climb.."

"There is always going to be another mountain. I am always going to want to make it move. It's always going to be an uphill battle, and sometimes I am going to have to lose.... it's not about how fast I get there.. it's not about what's waiting on the other side.. it's the climb."

Who would of thought I could relate to Miley? But I do. I think it is almost human nature to wish our lives away. We want to drive, then we want to go to college, then we want to get married, then we want to have babies, then we want them to go to college, then we want to retire, and so on.. and sometimes I catch myself doing just that.. wishing my life away. I am working hard to be thankful for the moment. And I am making progress.. I am trying to live right here in the moment.. and not worry about what will happen tomorrow.. or wish away today. Right now.. today.. this minute.. I am blessed beyond imagination.. and I am so thankful.

VBS was wonderful.. and the boy ask me 100 times yesterday and today why we cannot go to church.. I tried to explain.. but he misses his class and sweet teachers. I am so thankful he has such a desire to be at church. It makes me think maybe we are doing some things right, with God's help.

He had to go to the doctor yesterday after spending the day with his "friends". He wants everyone to know that Anna and William are his friends. He loves them very much. And everytime I look at them I cannot help but remember the first time they came into our lives.. my instant love for Anna and William.. and how they are proof that God is in control. And that He blesses us. They are God's work walking around in my life. It makes me tear up to think about what a blessing they have been to me, and my family

... Anyway, after the boy played with them yesterday.. we had to go to the doctor. We waited for two hours.. and when we finally got back there the Doctor kept referring to me as "mommy". That is a fragile word so I told him I was "Miss Lindsey" and I was his foster mom. He just kind of looked at me. Then he wanted to know every detail of the boy's life. I told him what I could.. and it's like it just couldnt sink in.. this normal.. beautiful boy.. was a foster child. I think somehow when we think of foster children we think of someone withdrawn, and unwanted. It amazes me how everyone is interested in their story. And I am glad they are interested, I hope it will encourage more people to make a difference in whatever way they are able. My parents, my brother, my grandparents, Aunt Tina and Uncle Stan, Lauren, Tim's family, my church family.. they are all making such a difference just in their relationships with the babies. I am now a true believer in.. "it takes a villiage". Because without their help we wouldn't get by :)

Tomorrow the plan is to spend our whole day out at the pool.. I love Saturdays with Tim home :)

0 little notes:

Post a Comment