Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Great Risks.

I have never heard a sermon before and thought.. this sermon, this day, was meant for me. I felt that way Sunday. And when church was over.. all the people I love and who knew my situation said.. this sermon, this day, was meant for you.

Take Great Risks. Don't sit still. Don't be content with comfortable. Don't pass up opportunities because you don't want to be inconvienced. Don't make decisions based on fear, make them based on faith.

When Grace and Jacob left, heartbroken is an understatement. And I told DHR, and I told everyone else.. we were done taking babies for awhile. My heart needed to recover. And I meant that.. and then.. along came Tiffany. When DHR called and asked us about a teenager.. we were both (tim and I) very unsure. I can't spell things and a teenager not understand them (like the kids), I can't go to bed at 8 (which I enjoy doing), I can't..., I can't.. I can't... Isn't it terrible that I wasn't thinking about all the good I could do.. isn't it terrible that I was going to let late nights, and secrets keep me from doing what God has put on my heart.. helping children. Well Tiffany.. came. And we love her already. She is smart, and kind. She is helpful and thoughtful. Already, she is such a huge asset to our family.

..and maybe God sent Grace and Jake home to make room for Tiffany.. who knows. All I am sure of is there is a plan so much bigger than my mind can grasp.. there are so many wonderful things in store for us.

And just to give you something to laugh about.. I am now a parent to a high schooler at my Alma Mater! Talk about giving people something to talk about... :)

0 little notes:

Post a Comment