Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Grade.

My class. I have not told you much about my class. Maybe because I am with them all day everyday and I just assume the rest of the world is as familiar with them as I am. :)

I love my school. I mean I really love my school. I love my principal(s), I love my coworkers, I love the children. I do not dread work like alot of people do, I look forward to it. Now, I could of course use an extra 30 minutes in bed like the rest of the world, but I like going to work.

I work in a place where I am needed. In life, I think that is a feeling that we all long to have. To be needed. Maybe by our own spouses or children, maybe by our employer, maybe by organizations we give our resources to.. in whatever way, we all want to be needed.

I am needed everyday by seventeen six (or newly seven!) year olds. Now, I know that there are 1,000 people who could do my job as well as I do everyday, but I am not sure they could love my children like I do. I have to fuss, sometimes alot. I have to repremand, and I have to punish. And those are not my favorite parts of my job, but they are neccessary. My favorite parts.. when it finally clicks how to turn all the sounds they know into words. When someone selflessly shares.. maybe a crayon or a snack. When I see my rules followed and respected, not because they are my rules, but because in life.. it is important to respect authority. I love how most teachers get Christmas or Valentines day gifts (and I do get one or two each year), but my gifts usually come after the holiday passes. Do you know what they bring me? The things that people gave them. A half-dead flower, or a stuffed animal. Not because they dont want those things, but because more than they want it themselves.. they want to be able to give me something. I know I must have one of the most honest, beautiful, rewarding jobs ever.

We talk all the time about believing in God's plan for our lives. Like it is something in the future that is coming.. I know that I am right in the middle of God's plan for me. I can see it in my marriage, my career, Chris, Tiffany, Jacob, and Grace. I am living God's plan for my little life, and it is wonderful :)

0 little notes:

Post a Comment