Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Tim :)

I remember the first birthday of Tim's that we celebrated together like it was yesterday. He was turning 21, and we had been dating about six months. I saved my money for three months to buy him the toolbox I knew he wanted. My dad told him he had to borrow his truck to move some stuff, took it and had the toolbox put on for me. I took Tim to dinner in my car, and at dinner I gave him a shirt. He acted so appreciative, and I couldn't wait to show him his surprise! After dinner, I took him to pick up his truck from my dad's office and there it was.. his shiny new toolbox :) He was so proud. And I was so happy.

It is six years later now. We will celebrate his birthday tonight at home with my parents, Chris, and Tiff. It makes me teary to think about all that has changed in these six years. Good and bad. I first think about the loss of his grandparents, and how heartbreaking that was.. and still is. I think about the addition of the Thompson clan to the Croley clan. I think about him proposing to me, and promising to love me forever. I think about the pride I felt as he graduated from college, and then as he received his Master's degree. I think about Monday Night Moe's. And what good care he took of me and Heather in college. And how I miss hearing Whitney calling him "Timothy McVay!". I think about his first grown up after college job interview, and how special he made me feel when we found out I was going to have my very own first grade class. I think about Justin and Elisha and what good friends they have been to Tim, and how I know they are there for each other forever. I think about how proud my daddy is that I married Tim, and how he loves Tim like he is his own. I know six years ago we never would have envisioned our own pretty beautiful white house up on a hill down a peaceful dirt road :) I think about his commitment to God, and the good name he has earned himself. I think about how blessed I am to be his, and that he is mine. There is truly is not a day that goes by that I do not think about how blessed I am.

All that to say, Happy Birthday to Tim :)

1 little notes:

Whitney said...

I'm glad Tim had a good birthday! And I can still call him McVay, right?? :)

I had Moe's the other night and thought about our Monday night Moes group. Remember the night the manager let us all eat for free because we told him we came in every Monday? Seems like forever ago, but not so long ago at the same time...

Post a Comment