Friday, March 12, 2010

Life Changes.

I read in someone's blog today, how life changes can make a hypocrite out of you.

And man, did it hit home.

Before you are married, you are sure that you will never be like couple so and so for whatever reason.. and then.. you are.

Before children, you are sure that you will never be the disruptive table at a restaurant, the pew at church that gets more attention than the preacher, and certainly not the family that is running 9,000 miles an hour. And then one day...

I want you to know all you pre-marriage, pre-children friends.. believe it if you want to.. but it will happen to you as well. One day you will wake up and realize that life brought you things you were sure it wouldn't, and that you are in way less control than you had hoped.

And I hope like me.. you will see that the way things are is pretty wonderful.. :)

Life update: Having a 16 year old, and a 5 year old is an experience :) I spend half my time trying to teach the importance of honor roll, youth group, and family. And the rest trying to teach to tie shoes, learning the alphabet, and wiping a runny nose. It is a rare, wonderful time. I really am trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I know that my family is ever-changing, and I try to never get too comfortable with how things are.. but also try to appreciate where we are and what we have.

In our class at church we just finished up this wonderful series on marriage. It made me realize even more my love and respect for Tim. And it talked about how important it is that your marriage have a "mission". I could not agree more. Tim and I have made children (youth group, and foster parenting) our mission. It is rewarding and wonderful and tiring and amazing. And I know that our marriage is stronger because we have both sold out to making our marriage a "Mission" for God. I think it is important that everyone have a mission.. maybe visiting/calling/caring about old people, maybe its prision minisitry, maybe it's being a support system for others who need help (my aunt tina, my parents, and my grandparents help me so much with my children..in supporting me I feel like they are a part of our efforts as foster parents), maybe it is teaching bible class, maybe it is knocking doors, maybe it is going to foreign places, holding or attending regular bible studies, whatever it is.. I think it is so important to have something you work on with your spouse for God. It brings you closer together, but also it makes you so much more dependant on God, and His plan for you, and fulfilling His will in your lives.

I am off to enjoy a week of rest. I am so thankful for Spring Break! :)

0 little notes:

Post a Comment