Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How do you like..?

Since the week after I got married.. people have asked me the same question: "How do you like being married?". It is a sweet question, and most likely people just trying to make conversation. But sometimes.. I can't help but think how funny it would be if instead of my polite "its great, we love being married.." I said.. "Oh my goodness, terrible. Why did I do this? Why didn't you stop me?!?!" I am kidding.. I really do love being married... but I guess I am just a little tired of the question :)

And now that we have been married.. well I guess we are on our way to two years.. There is a newer question.. "When are you having a baby?!" I don't mind this question.. because I wonder it about some of my married friends occasionally.. but it is a kind of awkward question. I mean, I want to have babies.. but there are a few things we need to finish first.. ideally, we both want to finish our Master's first.. and we want to have our house in order.. and I guess we just want to have a little more "us" time first. I say this with the full understanding that God could have a totally different plan.. and I could have a baby sooner than I plan. And I would love that baby very much :) ..but for now.. it is not in our immediate plans.

We heard from the house today.. and we are now scheduled to close at 9am on Friday! Pretty major :) I am excited to say the least.. anyone who needs a realtor.. I definitely recommend Ms. Glenn Cooper.. she has been so wonderful.. and I am so thankful for her!

Also, one of Tim's best friends Justin is getting married Saturday and Tim is a groomsman.. so I am super excited about going to North Alabama and seeing justin marry his happily ever after :)

God Bless :)

Linds

1 little notes:

Nikki said...

I understand about the questions...I get the "are you dating anyone??" question ALL the time! And my sister, who's been married 10 years (and has no children yet) gets the baby question all the time! I even get it for her at times!! Things will happen in their own time! I am super excited about your house!! That's a big step and I can't wait until it's my turn!! Be sure to post pictures!! Love you!!

Post a Comment