Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Don't worry about she, I will always take care of she."

We went to the beach. Mama, Daddy, me, and the babies.. went to the beach. I was nervous about it. Not only because it was the first time taking them away, but Tim couldn't go due to work.. and to be honest.. I have never taken two babies anywhere for overnight! But of course mom and dad are the best ever.. and it was a wonderful trip. We were happy to come home though, all three of us really missed Tim! The boy (this is how I will refer to them just for privacy sake!).. anyway he is four. He loved the waves! We couldn't get him out of them! The girl is a little under two and she was not a fan! But she loved the sand! We had a really great time.

Tim went back to full time at work, and that is an answer to so many prayers. God is so good and takes such good care of us everyday. We are so blessed.

Tomorrow is the boy's birthday! We have a big day ahead! Today his sis was feeling fussy and crying a little and he said.. "Don't worry, I will share my birthday with you. Cake, ice cream, everything." Then he looked at me and said.. "Don't worry about she, I will always take of she." And my heart is at peace, because I really believe he will.

People keep asking if we are adjusted. And I smile and nod.. but I guess the truth is.. barely. What a change! But what a wonderful change :) Be patient with us, because it will probably be a long time before we are all totally adjusted.. but we are happy and we are healthy.. and tonight the boy thanked God for "going to church and food at church (it was fellowship day!)" so maybe we are making progress :)

Our pool is finally all clean and we should be swimming this week! YAY!

I should go now.. prayers as always please :)

2 little notes:

Tina said...

What a beautiful post. What precious little hearts placed in your care. GOD could have put those two anywhere HE wanted, but HE chose you and Tim. HE will give you everything you need to do HIS work. Also, I think the most important lesson for little ones, besides the love of GOD, is joyfully belonging in your church family. What a great start they are getting!

---- said...

I am so excited for you! Fostering has its ups and downs, but it is such a wonderful experience!

Post a Comment