Thursday, June 18, 2009

How quickly things change :)

We were moving into our house on Friday. Tim, Dad, and Bert were making loads from the old house to the new house.. and I was painting the kitchen. It must of been about five o'clock and I was laughing at the paint in my hair.. when my cell phone rang. We didn't advertise that we were going to foster parent classes. We didn' t know how it would work out, we didn't know if they would ever send us babies.. we just kept reminding ourselves we were opening a door for God. And if He needed us He would use it. We finished our fostering classes on Tuesday, and were told it could be up to a year before we were needed. God had different plans. That phone call was DHR and they had two precious babies for us take. We didn't hesitate, we didn't make excuses about a half complete house. We just got things done. Tim and Dad put up beds, Bert went on a baby bed search.. and mom and I picked up and fed the children. And when I laid down that night was the first time I guess I took it all in. And so overnight, it is not about me anymore. It is not about Tim anymore. It is about two sweet babies and what we can do to make their lives happy and healthy. People keep walking up to me saying.. I could never do it. I would get too attached and they would be gone. And if you know me.. you know I will get attached too. But I guess I just know that God told us to help others. He didn't say that it might not be hard, He didn't say that I might not get my feelings hurt, or lose sleep at night. He just said help. And so that is what we decided to do. We decided not to make it about how we may feel when they go, or if they stay.. we decided to make it about what we can do right now to make things better. I hope I can remember that through the whole process. And I do covet your prayers. For me, and for Tim, and for the babies. And for my family who has already fallen in love to. I guess I just needed everyone to kind of know how I was feeling on the subject.. more later.

--Linds

3 little notes:

Leigh said...

Linds I am so excited for you!! And you will be great as a foster mom!! I am so jealous i really want to do that! Good luck in everything the new house, your overnight 2 kids and your marriage :) (JK) Love you girl! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Nikki said...

Wow. That is a lot to take on, but I know you are a strong person and God will see you through it all! That is so awesome that you guys are fostering! That's one thing I just don't know if I could do, but like you said, when God puts it on your heart you do it! Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers!! How old are the babies??

katie said...

Hey Friend, I didn't know you had a blog!

I'm so proud of you and Tim and feel priviledged to know you too! You are doing such great work and you're an inspiration!

Post a Comment