Sunday, January 3, 2010

Whirlwind.

I have not blogged in so long. I have been meaning to for weeks.. and it just hasn't happened.

Thanksgiving was great. We went to grandmom's like every year.. and it was great for everyone to get together. Jacob, Grace, and Chris all really enjoy all my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, and especially my parents.. so they love any time that we all get together.

Tim's whole family came to our house the Saturday after Thanksgiving.. I think we had 16 people in our house one night! So special. Any time that Tim can be with his family is so special for him, and I am so glad they they could all come and be a part. I am hoping to have them all back this summer for the fourth of July! I hope we have lots of get togethers with the pool this summer!

Christmas was wonderful! My children at school had a great Christmas party! We had pizza, cake, ice cream, and lots of music and gifts! I love Christmas time and it is so much more special when children are involved for sure. Grace, Jacob, and Chris had a wonderful Christmas! They loved caroling, visiting Santa with Anna and William, decorating cookies, and of course opening presents! I will forever cherish the christmas we had this year, I feel blessed to have gotten to be a part of the babies Christmas this year.

We celebrated our second anniversary and got to go away thanks to Tim's parents keeping the babies for the weekend! We had a wonderful time, and were so thankful to them!

When the children will go home, seems to change regularly. We don't know just when, but we do know it is sooner than later. It breaks my heart, Tim and I have cried about it so many times.. but at the end of the day we know we did good.. and we know that good has been done for us.

We learned about love.. a special kind of love. We learned about patience (for sure!!). We learned about self-sacrifice.. not only in taking care of them.. but in taking care of them when we knew they were not ours.. and would not be ours. We took care of them knowing that they would be gone as quickly as they came, and that we would most likely be forgotten. I would not say that selflessness is my strong suit, I have always liked things my way.. so this has taught me so much. I trust God to take care of them forever, and to my church family.. when you fast Wednesday.. please pray that they have happy lives. I want them to grow up to know Jesus, and I want them to be safe and happy.

I cannot help but reflect on 2009.. what a rollercoaster! We went from renting to owning! We went from just us to plus three babies! I made new friendships that I am so thankful for, my family stayed healthy..so many positive things. It was a year of changes, great changes. I can only hope 2010 will be as wonderful for us as 2009 was!

I have a ton more to say.. soon maybe :)

2 little notes:

Amy Pinney said...

I don't believe you'll be forgotten, Lindsey, not for a second. You have given these babies so much, you've shown them what it means to be loved, cared for, with someones whole heart. You have also, even if for a short time, shown them Jesus. You have opened a door for them, and all we can do now is pray that throughout their lives, they continue to meet people who will help further nurture that relationship with God. Even if they do not specifically remember your name, or your face, they will not forget your love...you have done a brave and beautiful thing. You have touched their hearts forever, and shown them that there is hope...

Whitney said...

What you and Tim have done takes a special kind of heart. I am so proud of you and McVay!! :) I know God will bless you both in 2010!

Post a Comment