Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day!

Mother’s Day.

I have always valued Mother’s Day. I have appreciated the opportunity to express my appreciation and love for my mama and my grandmama. I always love choosing their gifts, and I love the feeling of giving to them. As an adult, I have even more greatly appreciated this time to remind them that they are precious to me.

We have a tradition of Mother’s Day corsages. Since I was about 16 I guess I have made sure my mom had hers, and my mom always makes sure that my grandmother has one. This year, I proudly wore my first Mother’s Day corsage. It was borderline ripped apart by my children, but when Tim gave it to me I felt officially like a mama ( I know the diapers, bottles, and up all nights have probably all also been indicators!!  ) But it felt so good to carry on the tradition.

Tim took us to a nice dinner, and gave me the most thoughtful gifts. He works so hard to make sure special occasions are truly special. It is something that really means so much to me. I have decided to become a picture blogger asap so I will share pictures!

I had one sweet friend send me a card in the mail, and another give me beautiful earrings. My mama gave me a fish I had really been wanting for my pool fence. And someone I know through school saw us at lunch and paid for mine! I got several sweet text messages. So many people contributed to making my first official Mother’s Day so special.

I continually see God adding people to my life who mean more and more to me. I thank HIM regularly as well for the old faithfuls like Mama and Melissa Anne who are there to laugh and cry with me day after day.

I thank God for the sweet mamas who have had such an influence in my life. My mom, grandmom, aunts, Ms. Sharon, Ms. Mary David, Ms. Nellie, Ms. Lynn, and so so many more. God has blessed me so much. I hope I can share HIS blessings with others along the way.

0 little notes:

Post a Comment