Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sweet James

When I met Lena Tucker I thought she was probably the bubbliest person who ever lived. She doesn’t have a quiet voice. She is outgoing and funny. And she’s a deep down good person. We pledged Delta together in the fall of 2003. My memories are about how tough she was, and how close our whole pledge class felt that year.

She also had a really sweet boyfriend, Andy. They were high school sweethearts and you’d always catch them holding hands or talking sweet. I remember one “anniversary”, he cooked her dinner and had a beautiful table set up just outside the law school. I guess I saw a lot of Tim and me in them. You knew they were in it for the long haul.

And at her candlelighting to announce her engagement, I might have been more excited than she was! I was standing by her and when that candle came around, and she blew it out. I jumped with excitement. She has the funniest picture of me that night. It was a wonderful time!

And we’ve grown up. And I see her at some church events, and I follow her on facebook. She is a teacher. She recently got her master’s. And she has become very successful.

When I tell you these are good people. That is what I mean. Really good people.

They were blessed with a little boy in April. Sweet James Brewster. And early this morning, he went to be with his Heavenly Father. And it hurts me for them. And I have cried so many tears. But I do find comfort in the strong people they are. I know that they totally trust God. And today, when people who are not as strong would fall apart. I know they are leaning on God. I am so happy to know that they will get to spend forever in heaven with their son. And I hope that thought brings them so much peace. I know the days, and weeks, and months ahead will be so hard for them. And I am going to do my best to pray for them every single day. And I hope you will too.

James has had an impact on my life. He has reminded me how important it is that I live for Jesus, and teach my children to do the same. I want my family to all share heaven together, and I know that I need to live right, and do my best to help those around me do the same for that to happen. James twelve days on this earth softened my heart, I know he made a difference for some many others as well.

Praise God for sharing baby James with us, even if for just a little while.

0 little notes:

Post a Comment